Tuesday, March 29, 2005

holi!!

In the last 4 years of my engineering life this was the first time I played Holi and that too with my class mates. We had a great time as you would expect.. :D
The best part was that it was all totally unplanned and a total spur of the moment thing.
The previous night a friend called me when I was out and told me very briefly indeed to just get a change of clothes coz we were going to play Holi the next day!! like wow! totally unexpected! :D
The following morning, all of us (about 9 girls) got together in college and went there on to a friend’s house which is pretty close to college. We bought colours to play with on our way to her place. We had all ‘nicely’ dressed up in old clothes, all set to have some fun!! :)
And soon we got into the act of throwing lovely colours n smearing the faces of all those we recognized around us with whatever colour we could get on our hands!
This other friend of mine and I had the most fun I guess.. :D simply coz we weren’t fussy at all n enjoyed everything that was splashed on us.. Of course the others soon caught on to the feel of it and began to revel in it!!
We were also joined by a bunch of guys n girls who were our friend’s (the hostess) brother’s friends.. These guys have their board exams coming up this week and yet were out on the street merry making!! Cheers to the spirit of holi!!
Honestly, never had so much fun on Holi before. Always dreaded going out on the street coz I feared being coloured by those scary looking faces driving by on bikes (again scary looking ones!).
Happy to say its not so any more… :)
All these years, I always got sort of wild at the thought of some unknown hands making me look ugly with some disgusting colours.. chee! yuck! that’s how I thought of it all!
Well…. am sorry I did..
although I am still not comfy with the thought of some random person on the road doing stuff like that, am sure I will enjoy celebrating this festival of vivid beauty from now on.. N hopefully I will be in the company of good old friends too in the coming years! :)

And of course, am still colourful from head to toe! :)

PS: I burst out laughing today when I realized I had a pink navel… he he!!

No comments: