Tuesday, July 19, 2005

The First Innings...

Today was my first day at work and at my first job :)
This is said to be one of those days that ll always remain in ur memory.
For me it certainly will be..
The mild nervousness….
The excitement….
The anxiety….

The will to excell...
The feeling of independence..
Added to this, the pinch of absent-mindedness and trance-like feeling that I went through this morning was one of its kind!
Walked into a room filled with 140 odd absolute strangers!
It was fun watching expressionless faces and unsmiling people..
I, for one, spoke to everyone I could possibly speak to on the first day.. ha ha! poor them!! :D

The background work that went into today was even more fun than today…
Shopping around on Comm. Street in the rain with two wonderful friends, sure is a lot of fun. Was a great destresser! He he! :) Thanks an! Thank u junnie!

Got to know a million things(literally) about Hp today.

An information overload of sorts…. (Even in the programming sense!)
N this after jus 3 sessions.
N we have 15 sessions to go!
Phew!
But then, walking back home felt great!
Hey, but am far too young to be this old!
Aint I?! :)

2 comments:

Anirudh said...

Welcome aboard, girl! its a different world from what you have lived in so far. you'll see subtle hints of the rat race, the corporate one-upmanship, and general professional competitive spirit. But you'll also meet great people and learn a million things every day. Hope you enjoy your stay :)

Aparna said...

Thank you ani.. really happy to be a part of the whole corporate world.. altho I must add that it takes a lot of effort to be someone am not, someone formal and all uptight about everything.. and yes, u r right when u talk abt d rat race and competitive spirit aspect.. There are people already in my batch who ve apparently noticed me, know my name and the group which I belong to and I dint even know these people existed until they spoke to me!! phew! its kinda scary.. hopefully get used to all this soon... :) but then I must say that hp has a few great looking guys! he he!