Tuesday, July 26, 2005

one little smile :)

Had a great time at work today.. enjoyed the class… got to know few more people from our batch.. awesome fun we had.. :) ours in one total othla batch! (if u dunno what that means am sorry but I know not an English equivalent of the same!) we are all like jus about to sprint out of the campus when it is 5 PM every single day.. n we generally start our sessions around 10 30 AM or so.. he he!

And yes, Our access cards got activated today!! Yippee!
Feel like am working, finally………..
Although, I guess only my first salary will complete the feeling in the true sense.. :-P
Wondering why am reacting so??! Well… if u r not me then u have every right to think so..! he he!! :D
I was down and low the whole of yesterday afternoon and evening and a little part of this morning for some sane or insane reason.. Went jus on time to the bus stop.. Phew! Hp Bus routes and timings have been revised owing to the addition of more than 50 buses or more to the already plying 35 buses or so! Man! Are they recruiting in truck loads or what?!
Anyways.. I got to office pretty early and went straight up to the canteen (very unlike me..) after I got my temp pass renewed.. And as I waited for my plate of set dosa and turned towards the counter to check on the supplier, I saw someone whom I hadn’t noticed until then.. it was this girl.. never seen her before at GDIC (that’s Global Delivery India Center, a division Hp, for you).. and then she flashed a smile…. :)
And she was gone with her food within 20 seconds..
Ya.. so what is the big deal?! Ha?
Well.. that made my day! Trust me….
Someone whom I had never ever even seen in my entire life made me smile.. finally..!
Dunno what triggered that.. cuz it was not like we exchanged a glance before that.. N then we saw each other again and she happened to smile.. u know how it normally happens at workplaces?
It was rather unusual.. Dunno what my looks gave away.. but, it was as if she was saying.. Relax.. Today is another day.. a new day.. N u ought be smiling and embracing it.. :)
It changed my mood instantaneously… before I realized I was feeling much better..
I have been a loner for the greater part of my life. Never really felt the need for company and support from people around me… I enjoy it.. completely.. but never felt the ‘need’ if u know what I mean.. but here I was today, feeling absolutely lonely and lost.. and utterly hopeless… n one smile from an unknown person worked like an instant cure…
Worked like magic..
all the people who r dear to you , who u know and interact with can sometimes make no difference when you need them… n one little smile from some unknown corner lightens ur mood like that! :)
During class there was this little SMS that a good friend, I have known for longer than I have known most other friends, sent.. a message that said nothing extraordinary.. nothing that he doesn’t tell me everyday.. but the way it was worded today made all the difference.. broke into a grin in the middle of a boring class on client server concepts.. and mind ya, a repeat class at that! :D
Little things these maybe..
Certainly not trivial…

Will always remember this day.. it means more to me than I can explain..
Thank you stranger..
Thank you my friend.. :)
I dedicate this blog to the two of you…
Loads of love..
Cheers!

1 comment:

Anirudh said...

'There was never a stray smile that couldn't alleviate man from the trenches of trauma' said a wise man. Nice read :) makes you wonder y smiling at a stranger is frowned upon.